The Foothills Minor Hockey Association (FMHA) would like to encourage you to become an on-ice official. It is fast paced, exciting and a great way to make some extra money! We are currently looking for Hockey Officials. If you have an interest in the game of hockey and want to learn how to become an on-ice official or have past experience officiating, please email the FMHA Executive and they will contact you with more info.
NEW OFFICIALS - REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 12 years old.
- Register for the "HU-Officiating 1/2" Clinic. You must complete the Hockey University Officiating online course prior to registering for an in-class clinic. The course takes approximately three hours to complete.
- Once you have completed the online course, register for an in-class clinic.
- In order to register for a clinic on line you must have an eHockey account, click the EHockey link on the left to be re-directed to the eHockey site and follow the steps to create your account or log in using your existing email and password. If you are registered with Hockey Canada as a player or a coach you will already have an account in HCR and you should be able to register for a clinic with out setting up any additional accounts. For a step by step tutorial on how to create a eHockey account, CLICK HERE.
- After creating your account CLICK HERE to go be re-directed to the Dates and Locations section of the website and follow the appropriate steps to register. Please do not just show up to a clinic and expect to be able to attend as we have limited spots available based on the number of instructors assigned to the clinic.
- All clinics consist of 8 hour classroom sessions and U15 have on-ice sessions. Bring your skates, helmet (with visor) and a Whistle to your on-ice session.
- If registrants will be 19 by Dec 31 of the current year they must get a Criminal background check, using the Back Check link on the HA website. They cannot just go to the RCMP station and get one, it’s very specific.
More information on clinics and officiating can be found on the Okotoks Referees Association website.